Overseas Christian Fellowship (ocf) London
Welcome to our website! We're a community of overseas students in London, who, through the gospel, support and challenge one another, proclaim the Good News of Christ and dedicate our lives for His glory. Please visit us on Facebook to learn more about our latest events. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Join us
Overseas Christian Fellowship (OCF) London started in 1993 when three Singaporean students studying at UCL felt a burden to start a home bible study for their friends. To their amazement, the group just kept growing and growing. Today, OCF consists of three vibrant centres in Central London. Over the years, OCF has grown more and more diverse with students from different parts of the world, visitors to London, missionaries and pastors, working people and A-level students joining the fellowship. Yet the heart of OCF is still reaching people for Christ by demonstrating the love of God with our lives.
OCF London is a registered society under Students Central (UCL), King’s College London Student Union (KCLSU) and Imperial College Student Union (ICSU). We conduct regular worship and bible study sessions, as well as outreach events, talks and other social events. We provide a network of support for overseas Christians and hope to be a home away from home.
OCF’s mission is to be a Christ-centred ministry, reaching out to overseas students, supporting, equipping and challenging each one to grow in spiritual maturity, commissioning them to serve God and to impact lives where He places them.
You can find an explanatory document on what this means to us here.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
As a ministry, we have adopted the Evangelical Alliance basis of faith. Our teachings and beliefs are based on the following:
We believe in…
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
POSITION ON THE PROSPERITY GOSPEL
We adopt the Lausanne statement, which can be found here.